Thank you for considering volunteering with EC3, where we believe in the power of community and the positive impact it can have on a child’s early years
For more information on the PGA, please contact the PGA President (Stephanie Riley) at Stevie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Volunteer at EC3:
- Make a Difference: At EC3, every volunteer plays a crucial role in shaping the future of our little ones. Your contribution can make a lasting impact on a child’s development and well-being.
- Community Engagement: Join our community of dedicated individuals who share a passion for creating a supportive and enriching environment for children to thrive.
- Flexible Opportunities: Whether you have a few hours a week or a whole day to spare, we have flexible volunteering opportunities to suit your schedule. From assisting in classrooms to helping organize events, there’s a role for everyone.
Parent Guardian Association (PGA)
The Parent Guardian Association (PGA) at our center plays a crucial role in fostering collaboration and communication between parents, guardians, and the preschool staff. Its primary objectives include creating a supportive community, organizing events and activities, fundraising for center needs, and providing a platform for parents to contribute to their child’s education and well-being. Essentially, it’s a partnership between the school and parents to enhance the overall experience for the children.
Benefits of a PGA:
- Community Building: The PGA fosters a sense of community among parents, guardians, teachers, and staff, creating a supportive network.
- Communication Hub: It serves as a central platform for effective communication between the center and parents, ensuring everyone stays informed about important events and updates.
- Collaborative Decision-Making: The PGA provides a forum for parents to participate in decision-making processes, allowing them to contribute to the development and improvement of the center.
- Enhanced Educational Experience: Through organized events, activities, and fundraisers, the PGA enriches the educational experience for both children and their families.
- Resource Mobilization: It facilitates fundraising efforts to acquire additional resources, equipment, or facilities that can enhance the learning environment for the children.
- Support for Teachers: The PGA can provide support for teachers through volunteer assistance, helping to create a more positive and productive teaching environment.
- Information Exchange: Parents can share insights and experiences, promoting the exchange of valuable information that can benefit both parents and the center’s community.
- Socialization Opportunities: Organized social events by the PGA encourage socialization among children and families, creating a sense of belonging.
- Educational Workshops: The association can arrange workshops or seminars for parents, focusing on topics related to child development, education, and parenting skills.
- Feedback Mechanism: It provides a structured channel for parents to offer feedback on various aspects of the preschool, promoting continuous improvement.
Board of Directors and Subcommittees
The Board of Directors at EC3 serves as a governing body responsible for overseeing the overall management and strategic direction of the center. Comprised of individuals with diverse skills and experiences, the board plays a crucial role in shaping policies, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance, and providing guidance to the center’s leadership. Key responsibilities include financial oversight, policy development, hiring and evaluating the administrative team, and maintaining a focus on the center’s mission and goals. Essentially, the board works to safeguard the well-being of the children, maintain the center’s financial health, and uphold its commitment to providing quality care and education.